Raycom Media requires all employees to change their passwords every six months. New passwords:
- Must be at least 12 characters long
- Must contain at least three of the following four types of characters:
- Capital letter
- Lowercase letter
- Punctuation or other symbol
- Cannot be the same as a previous password
- Cannot contain any part of your username
- Cannot contain common keyboard combinations (No "qwerty" or "12345" for example)
- Tax forms (W2/W4)
Your password should be something that is unique to you, like a favorite sports team or activity, but not something that can be looked up publicly, like your address.
We recommend using a "pass phrase" - a short but complete sentence with proper capitalization, spaces, and punctuation. Examples:
- My dog is Rover.
- I like video games!
- Indians 22 in a row
After changing your password, you must log off your work computer and log on with your new password.